Welcome to Brookville ...
Although we found mention of Brookville during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Brookville was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Brookville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Brookville, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Brookville might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Brookville would be found within the (506) area code.
Communities Also Named Brookville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 23 communities that are also named Brookville - they are located in Illinois (3), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey (2), New York (2), Nova Scotia (4), Ohio (2), Ontario, Pennsylvania, Virginia (2) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Brookville.
Communities near Brookville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brookville.
- Hillsborough Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillsborough Parish
- Hillsborough Parish lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Brookville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillsborough Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillsborough Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorchester
- Dorchester lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Brookville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dorchester came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorchester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dorchester<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Alma Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alma Parish
- Alma Parish lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Brookville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alma Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alma Parish
- Beaver Brook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Brook
- Beaver Brook lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Brookville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Brook
- Hopewell Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hopewell Hill
- Hopewell Hill lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Brookville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hopewell Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Germantown
- Germantown lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of Brookville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Germantown
- Hatfield Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hatfield Point
- Hatfield Point lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Brookville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hatfield Point came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hatfield Point
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brookville ...
Looking for more information about Brookville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Brookville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Brookville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in New Brunswick
About New Brunswick
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of New Brunswick: https://www.gnb.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Brookville and then turned east". While Brookville could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Brookville as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Brookville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Brookville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brookville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BrookvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brookville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7022, Longitude: -64.7041 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|