Welcome to Whitewater ...
Whitewater is located in Phillips County<1>.
Whitewater is 2,320 feet [707 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Whitewater is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Whitewater lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Whitewater is within the (406) area code.
The ZIP code for Whitewater: 59544<3>
Communities Also Named Whitewater ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 14 communities that are also named Whitewater - they are located in British Columbia, Colorado, Georgia (2), Indiana, Kansas, Manitoba, Missouri, New Mexico (2), North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Whitewater.
Communities near Whitewater ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Whitewater.
- Loring [Phillips County]
- Saco [Phillips County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saco
- Saco [Phillips County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Whitewater
- Population from the 2020 Census: 185 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saco
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saco<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Masefield
- Masefield lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the north of Whitewater
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Masefield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orkney
- Orkney lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Whitewater
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orkney
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Malta [Phillips County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Malta
- Malta [Phillips County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the south of Whitewater
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,843 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Malta have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Malta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Malta<5>
- Val Marie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Val Marie
- Val Marie lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<4> to the north of Whitewater
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Val Marie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Val Marie
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Val Marie<5>
- Hinsdale [Valley County]
- Turner [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bracken
- Bracken lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Whitewater
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bracken
- Dodson [Phillips County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dodson
- Dodson [Phillips County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Whitewater
- Population from the 2020 Census: 116 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dodson have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dodson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dodson<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Whitewater. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Whitewater.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Whitewater. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Whitewater.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Whitewater. See our Newspapers Page for Whitewater.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Whitewater ...
Looking for more information about Whitewater? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Whitewater, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Whitewater.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Montana
About Phillips County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Whitewater. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Phillips, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Whitewater - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Whitewater). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Whitewater or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Whitewater) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Whitewater. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WhitewaterOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Whitewater. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.7612, Longitude: -107.6274 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|