Around Roanwood ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Rockglen (SK). It is located about 29 miles [46 km] to the northeast of Roanwood. Rockglen (SK) has a population of 400 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Opheim.
It lies just southeast of Roanwood and has a population of 82 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Roanwood.<2>
- Glentana [Valley County]
- Larslan [Valley County]
- Opheim [Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opheim
- Opheim [Valley County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Roanwood
- Population from the 2020 Census: 82 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Opheim have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opheim
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Opheim<3>
- Peerless [Daniels County]
- Richland [Valley County]
- Saint Marie [Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Marie
- Saint Marie [Valley County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the south of Roanwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Marie have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Marie
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Marie<3>
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Fife Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fife Lake
- Fife Lake lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Roanwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fife Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lisieux
- Lisieux lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Roanwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lisieux came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lisieux
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McCord
- McCord lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Roanwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McCord came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McCord
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McEachern
- McEachern lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Roanwood
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for McEachern. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McEachern
- Scout Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scout Lake
- Scout Lake lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Roanwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scout Lake
- West Poplar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Poplar
- West Poplar lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Roanwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Poplar
- Wood Mountain
For more communities neighboring Roanwood, please visit our County-by-County Page for Roanwood.
Valley County ...
Roanwood is located in Valley County<7>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Valley County: Daniels, Garfield, McCone, Phillips & Roosevelt.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Roanwood ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Roanwood.
Airports Near Roanwood ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<8> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Roanwood and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Roanwood.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Montana
About Valley County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Roanwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Roanwood.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Roanwood) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Roanwood. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RoanwoodOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Roanwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.9413, Longitude: -106.4980 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Valley, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<8>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Roanwood), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|