Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Radersburg, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Radersburg and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Radersburg:
- 46.195643, -111.631490
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Radersburg
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Radersburg ...
We have found one communities that share the name Radersburg.
There is one other community in Montana which is also named Radersburg.
- Communities Located In Montana ...
- Jefferson County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Montana community of Radersburg [Jefferson County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Radersburg ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Blazing Place [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blazing Place
- Blazing Place [Jefferson County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Radersburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blazing Place have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blazing Place
- Brewer [Broadwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brewer
- Brewer [Broadwater County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Radersburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brewer have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brewer
- Copper City [Broadwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper City
- Copper City [Broadwater County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Radersburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Copper City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Copper City
- Deep Creek [Broadwater County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deep Creek
- Deep Creek [Broadwater County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Radersburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deep Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Deer Park [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Park
- Deer Park [Gallatin County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the east of Radersburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deer Park have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Park
- Elkhorn [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkhorn
- Elkhorn [Jefferson County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Radersburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkhorn
- Queen [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Queen
- Queen [Jefferson County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Radersburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Queen have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Queen
- Trident [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trident
- Trident [Gallatin County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Radersburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trident have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trident
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Radersburg. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Myrna Loy (Actress)
- Actress. She was born in Radersburg on Wednesday August 2, 1905 and died in New York (New York) on Tueday December 14, 1993 at the age of 88. She is buried at Forestvale Cemetery (Lewis and Clark County, Montana).
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Myrna Loy<4>
How Far From Radersburg to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Radersburg to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Radersburg and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Townsend, which is the Seat of Broadwater County and lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north northeast. If you could walk a straight line from Radersburg to Townsend, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take a little over three hours.
- Helena, which is the State Capital of Montana, lies 32 miles [51.5 km] to the northwest (NW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than an hour, a buggy would take just over a day and walking would take most of two days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,814 miles [2,919.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,661 miles [10,719.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,430 miles [11,957.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,445 miles [8,762.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Broadwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Radersburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Radersburg could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Radersburg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Radersburg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RadersburgOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Radersburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.1956, Longitude: -111.6315 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Radersburg to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.12 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.183 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.078 degrees.||