Around Pinnacle ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Kalispell. It is located about 32 miles [51 km] to the west of Pinnacle. Kalispell has a population of 25,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Whitefish.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the west of Pinnacle and has a population of 8,700 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Pinnacle.<2>
- Bear Creek Village [Flathead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Creek Village
- Bear Creek Village [Flathead County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Pinnacle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Creek Village
- Bigfork [Flathead County]
- Columbia Falls [Flathead County]
- Coram [Flathead County]
- Creston [Flathead County]
- East Glacier Park Village [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Glacier Park Village
- East Glacier Park Village [Glacier County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the east of Pinnacle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Glacier Park Village
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- East Glacier Park [Glacier County]
- Essex [Flathead County]
- Halfmoon [Flathead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Halfmoon
- Halfmoon [Flathead County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the west of Pinnacle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Halfmoon have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halfmoon
- Hungry Horse [Flathead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hungry Horse
- Hungry Horse [Flathead County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of Pinnacle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hungry Horse have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hungry Horse
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hungry Horse<3>
- Kiowa [Glacier County]
- Martin City [Flathead County]
- Rising Sun [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rising Sun
- Rising Sun [Glacier County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the north of Pinnacle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rising Sun
- Saint Mary [Glacier County]
- West Glacier [Flathead County]
For more communities neighboring Pinnacle, please visit our County-by-County Page for Pinnacle.
Flathead County ...
Pinnacle is located in Flathead County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Flathead County: Glacier, Lake, Lewis and Clark, Lincoln, Missoula, Pondera, Powell, Sanders & Teton. The Canadian Province of British Columbia lies to the north.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Pinnacle ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Pinnacle.
Airports Near Pinnacle ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Pinnacle and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Pinnacle.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Montana
About Flathead County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pinnacle. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Flathead County: www.co.flathead.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Pinnacle.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pinnacle) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pinnacle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.3561, Longitude: -113.6532 In this case, the coordinates for Pinnacle have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Flathead, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Pinnacle), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|