Welcome to Kiowa ...
Kiowa is located in Glacier County<1>.
The pronunciation of Kiowa: KYE-oh-wa<2>
Kiowa is 5,070 feet [1,545 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Kiowa is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Kiowa lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Kiowa is located in the (406) area code.
Communities Also Named Kiowa ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Kiowa - they are located in Alabama, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kiowa.
Communities near Kiowa ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kiowa.
- Browning [Glacier County]
- Starr School [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Starr School
- Starr School [Glacier County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Kiowa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Starr School have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Starr School
- East Glacier Park Village [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Glacier Park Village
- East Glacier Park Village [Glacier County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the south of Kiowa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Glacier Park Village
- East Glacier Park [Glacier County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- South Browning [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Browning
- South Browning [Glacier County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Kiowa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Browning
- North Browning [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Browning
- North Browning [Glacier County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Kiowa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Browning have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Browning
- Rising Sun [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rising Sun
- Rising Sun [Glacier County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Kiowa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rising Sun
- Saint Mary [Glacier County]
- McCarthyville [Flathead County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McCarthyville
- McCarthyville [Flathead County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Kiowa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McCarthyville have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Babb [Glacier County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Kiowa. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Kiowa.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Kiowa. See our Newspapers Page for Kiowa.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kiowa ...
Looking for more information about Kiowa? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Kiowa, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Kiowa.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Montana
About Glacier County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kiowa. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Glacier, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The pronunciation we've provided is our attempt to give a phonetic pronunciation for Kiowa. While it might not be exactly right, hopefully it will be close. If we have it wrong or there's a better way to pronounce the name, please contact us through our Feedback Page.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Kiowa - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kiowa) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kiowa. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KiowaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kiowa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.5473, Longitude: -113.2703 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|