Around Phillips ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Malta. It is located about 22 miles [35 km] to the northeast of Phillips. Malta has a population of 1,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Dodson.
It is located about 21 miles [ km] to the north of Phillips and has a population of 120 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Dodson [Phillips County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dodson
- Dodson [Phillips County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the north of Phillips
- Population from the 2020 Census: 116 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dodson have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dodson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dodson<4>
- Hays [Blaine County]
- Lodge Pole [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodge Pole
- Lodge Pole [Blaine County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Phillips
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodge Pole have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodge Pole
- Malta [Phillips County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Malta
- Malta [Phillips County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Phillips
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,843 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Malta have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Malta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Malta<4>
- Pine Grove [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Grove
- Pine Grove [Blaine County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the west of Phillips
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Grove
- Wagner [Phillips County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wagner
- Wagner [Phillips County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Phillips
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wagner
- Zortman [Phillips County]
For more communities neighboring Phillips, please visit our County-by-County Page for Phillips.
Phillips County ...
Phillips is located in Phillips County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Phillips County: Blaine, Fergus, Garfield, Petroleum & Valley.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Phillips ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Phillips.
Airports Near Phillips ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Phillips and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Phillips.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Montana
About Phillips County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Phillips. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Phillips.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Phillips) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Phillips. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.0936, Longitude: -108.1640 In this case, the coordinates for Phillips have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Phillips, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Phillips), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|