Welcome to Norheim ...
So far, we have found very little information about Norheim. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Norheim to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Norheim, please Contact Us.
Norheim would have been located within present day Blaine County<2>.
The location of Norheim has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Norheim is 2,880 feet [878 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Norheim is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Norheim was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Norheim and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
The location where Norheim once stood is in the (406) area code.
Communities near Norheim ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Norheim.
- Cherry Ridge [Blaine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cherry Ridge
- Cherry Ridge [Blaine County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Norheim
- Cherry Ridge has also been known as:
- Cherry Ridge Ranch
- Nashlyn - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nashlyn
- Nashlyn was located 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the northwest of Norheim
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Nashlyn. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Claydon
- Claydon lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Norheim
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Claydon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Consul
- Consul lies 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the northwest of Norheim
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Consul
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vidora
- Vidora lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<5> to the north of Norheim
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vidora came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vidora
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robsart
- Robsart lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the north of Norheim
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robsart
- Chinook [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Olga
- Olga lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<5> to the north of Norheim
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olga
- Hogeland [Blaine County]
- Zurich [Blaine County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Norheim. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Norheim.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Norheim. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Norheim.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Norheim. See our Newspapers Page for Norheim.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Montana Community
About Blaine County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Norheim, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Blaine, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Norheim - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Norheim) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Norheim. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.9925, Longitude: -109.2743 In this case, the coordinates for Norheim have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<8>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|