Welcome to Hogeland ...
Hogeland is located in Blaine County<1>.
The pronunciation of Hogeland: HOHG-lun<2>
Hogeland is 3,130 feet [954 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Hogeland is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Hogeland lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Hogeland and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
The area code for Hogeland: (406)
The ZIP code for Hogeland: 59529<4>
Communities near Hogeland ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hogeland.
- Turner [Blaine County]
- Cherry Ridge [Blaine County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cherry Ridge
- Cherry Ridge [Blaine County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the west of Hogeland
- Cherry Ridge has also been known as:
- Cherry Ridge Ranch
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Treelon
- Treelon lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Hogeland
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Treelon. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Treelon
- Harlem [Blaine County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frontier
- Frontier lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<5> to the north of Hogeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frontier
- Zurich [Blaine County]
- Fort Belknap Agency [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Belknap Agency
- Fort Belknap Agency [Blaine County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the south of Hogeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Belknap Agency have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Belknap Agency
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Claydon
- Claydon lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the northwest of Hogeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Claydon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Climax
- Climax lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Hogeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Climax
- Chinook [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook
- Chinook [Blaine County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<5> to the southwest of Hogeland
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,230 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chinook<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Hogeland. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Hogeland.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Hogeland. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Hogeland.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Hogeland. See our Newspapers Page for Hogeland.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hogeland ...
Looking for more information about Hogeland? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Hogeland, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Hogeland.
Adding Hogeland to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Hogeland in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Hogeland was on a map titled Map of Montana (from Hixson Map&$160;Co, 1950).
We also found Hogeland on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Montana (1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hogeland on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Blaine County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hogeland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Blaine, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The pronunciation we've provided is our attempt to give a phonetic pronunciation for Hogeland. While it might not be exactly right, hopefully it will be close. If we have it wrong or there's a better way to pronounce the name, please contact us through our Feedback Page.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hogeland - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hogeland). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Hogeland or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hogeland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hogeland. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HogelandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hogeland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.8539, Longitude: -108.6577 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|