Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Nohly, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Nohly and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Nohly:
- 47.995576, -104.091881
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Nohly
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Nohly ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Blair [Roosevelt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blair
- Blair [Roosevelt County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Nohly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blair have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blair
- Cartwright [McKenzie County]
- Charbonneau [McKenzie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Charbonneau
- Charbonneau [McKenzie County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southeast of Nohly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Charbonneau
- Crane [Richland County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Marley [Williams County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marley
- Marley [Williams County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the east of Nohly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marley have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marley
- Ridgelawn [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ridgelawn
- Ridgelawn [Richland County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the south of Nohly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ridgelawn have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridgelawn
- Riverview [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview [Richland County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the south of Nohly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Riverview have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
- Springbrook [Williams County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook [Williams County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Nohly
- Population from the 2020 Census: 41 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Nohly. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Mimi Rogers Weddell (Actress, model)
- Actress, model. She was born in Williston (North Dakota) on Monday February 15, 1915 and died in New York (New York) on Thursday September 24, 2009 at the age of 94. She is buried at Green - Wood Cemetery (Kings County, New York).
- Williston is located 24 miles [38.6 km] to the northeast of Nohly.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Mimi Rogers Weddell<4>
How Far From Nohly to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Nohly to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Nohly and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Sidney, which is the Seat of Richland County and lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the south. If you could walk a straight line from Nohly to Sidney, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 hours.
- Helena, which is the State Capital of Montana, lies 383 miles [616.4 km] to the west (W). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of a day, a buggy would take 15 days and walking would take 22 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,484 miles [2,388.3 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 85 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,373 miles [10,256.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,140 miles [11,490.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,117 miles [8,235 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Montana
About Richland County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nohly. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Richland County: www.richland.org/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Nohly) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nohly. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.9956, Longitude: -104.0919 In this case, the coordinates for Nohly have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Nohly to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.325 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.692 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.191 degrees.||