Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Naismith, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Naismith and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Naismith:
- 48.386371, -111.774460
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Naismith
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Naismith ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Brady [Pondera County]
- Cut Bank [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cut Bank
- Cut Bank [Glacier County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Naismith
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,019 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cut Bank
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cut Bank<2>
- Fowler [Pondera County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fowler
- Fowler [Pondera County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the south of Naismith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fowler have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fowler
- Ledger [Pondera County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Lone Tree [Pondera County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Tree
- Lone Tree [Pondera County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the west of Naismith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Tree have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Oilmont [Toole County]
- Shields Crossing [Pondera County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shields Crossing
- Shields Crossing [Pondera County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Naismith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shields Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shields Crossing
- Sunburst [Toole County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunburst
- Sunburst [Toole County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the north of Naismith
- Population from the 2020 Census: 328 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunburst have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunburst
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sunburst<2>
How Far From Naismith to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Naismith to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Naismith and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Shelby, which is the Seat of Toole County and lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the north northwest. If you could walk a straight line from Naismith to Shelby, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take a little over three hours.
- Helena, which is the State Capital of Montana, lies 124 miles [199.6 km] to the south (S). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about two hours, a buggy would take 5 days and walking would take 7 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,836 miles [2,954.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 105 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,530 miles [10,509 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,299 miles [11,746.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,331 miles [8,579.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Montana
About Toole County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Naismith. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Naismith) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Naismith. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.3864, Longitude: -111.7745 In this case, the coordinates for Naismith have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Naismith to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.332 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.617 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.874 degrees.||