Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Musselshell, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Musselshell and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Musselshell:
- 46.517585, -108.091139
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Musselshell
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Musselshell ...
We have found two communities that share the name Musselshell.
There is one other community in Montana which is also named Musselshell.
Beyond Montana, there is another community also named Musselshell in the United States.
- Communities Located In Montana ...
- Yellowstone County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Montana community of Musselshell [Yellowstone County].
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Clearwater County
- This Musselshell is located in Clearwater County and lies 364 miles [585.8 km]<2> to the west of the Musselshell that is located in Musselshell County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Musselshell
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Clearwater County community of Musselshell.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Musselshell ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bighorn [Treasure County]
- Flatwillow [Petroleum County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flatwillow
- Flatwillow [Petroleum County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Musselshell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flatwillow have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flatwillow
- Flatwillow Colony [Musselshell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flatwillow Colony
- Flatwillow Colony [Musselshell County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Musselshell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flatwillow Colony have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flatwillow Colony
- Gage [Musselshell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gage
- Gage [Musselshell County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the west of Musselshell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gage have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gage
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Pompeys Pillar [Yellowstone County]
- Queens Point [Musselshell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Queens Point
- Queens Point [Musselshell County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Musselshell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Queens Point have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Queens Point
- Republic [Musselshell County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Republic
- Republic [Musselshell County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of Musselshell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Republic have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Roundup [Musselshell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roundup
- Roundup [Musselshell County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the west of Musselshell
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,864 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Roundup have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roundup
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Roundup<3>
How Far From Musselshell to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Musselshell to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Musselshell and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Roundup, which is the Seat of Musselshell County and lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the west southwest. If you could walk a straight line from Musselshell to Roundup, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of a day.
- Helena, which is the State Capital of Montana, lies 186 miles [299.3 km] to the west (W). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take a little over three hours, a buggy would take 8 days and walking would take 11 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,648 miles [2,652.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,559 miles [10,555.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,327 miles [11,791.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,319 miles [8,560.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Montana
About Musselshell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Musselshell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Musselshell could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Musselshell) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Musselshell. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MusselshellOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Musselshell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.5176, Longitude: -108.0911 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Musselshell to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.359 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.023 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.87 degrees.||