Around Monida ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Dubois (ID). It is located about 27 miles [43 km] to the south of Monida. Dubois (ID) has a population of 590 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Lima.
It is located about 14 miles [ km] to the west of Monida and has a population of 230 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Monida.<2>
- Dubois [Clark County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dubois
- Dubois [Clark County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the south of Monida
- Population from the 2020 Census: 589 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dubois have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dubois
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dubois<4>
- Kilgore [Clark County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kilgore
- Kilgore [Clark County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southeast of Monida
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kilgore
- Spencer [Clark County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spencer
- Spencer [Clark County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Monida
- Population from the 2020 Census: 33 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spencer have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spencer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Spencer<4>
- Dell [Beaverhead County]
- Lakeview [Beaverhead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakeview
- Lakeview [Beaverhead County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Monida
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview
- Lima [Beaverhead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lima
- Lima [Beaverhead County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the west of Monida
- Population from the 2020 Census: 227 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lima have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lima
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lima<4>
For more communities neighboring Monida, please visit our County-by-County Page for Monida.
Beaverhead County ...
Monida is located in Beaverhead County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Beaverhead County: Clark (ID), Fremont (ID), Lemhi (ID), Deer Lodge, Madison, Ravalli & Silver Bow.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Monida ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Monida.
Airports Near Monida ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Monida and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Monida.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Montana
About Beaverhead County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Monida.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Monida) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Monida. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MonidaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Monida. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5624, Longitude: -112.3138 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Beaverhead, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Monida), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|