Around Minnesota Settlement ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Havre. It is located about 31 miles [49 km] to the southwest of where Minnesota Settlement would have been located. Havre has a population of 9,700 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Chinook.
It is located about 15 miles [ km] to the south of Minnesota Settlement and has a population of 1,200 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Minnesota Settlement.<2>
- Chinook [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook
- Chinook [Blaine County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Minnesota Settlement
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,230 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chinook<3>
- Fort Belknap Agency [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Belknap Agency
- Fort Belknap Agency [Blaine County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Minnesota Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Belknap Agency have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Belknap Agency
- Harlem [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harlem
- Harlem [Blaine County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Minnesota Settlement
- Population from the 2020 Census: 778 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harlem
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Harlem<3>
- Havre [Hill County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Havre
- Havre [Hill County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Minnesota Settlement
- Population from the 2020 Census: 9,706 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Havre
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Havre<3>
- Hogeland [Blaine County]
- Lloyd [Blaine County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Turner [Blaine County]
- Zurich [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Claydon
- Claydon lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the north of Minnesota Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Claydon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Consul
- Consul lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Minnesota Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Consul
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frontier
- Frontier lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Minnesota Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frontier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robsart
- Robsart lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the north of Minnesota Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robsart
For more communities neighboring Minnesota Settlement, please visit our County-by-County Page for Minnesota Settlement.
Blaine County ...
Minnesota Settlement would have been located within present day Blaine County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Blaine County: Chouteau, Fergus, Hill & Phillips.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Minnesota Settlement ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Minnesota Settlement.
Airports Near Minnesota Settlement ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Minnesota Settlement and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Minnesota Settlement.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Montana
About Blaine County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Minnesota Settlement.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Minnesota Settlement) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Minnesota Settlement. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.8083, Longitude: -109.1118 In this case, the coordinates for Minnesota Settlement have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Blaine, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Minnesota Settlement), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|