Welcome to Lingenpolter ...
Lingenpolter is located in Powell County<1>.
The location of Lingenpolter has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Lingenpolter is 4,660 feet [1,420 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Lingenpolter is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Lingenpolter lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Lingenpolter is within the boundaries of the (406) area code.
Communities near Lingenpolter ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lingenpolter.
- Deer Lodge [Powell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Lodge
- Deer Lodge [Powell County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Lingenpolter
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,805 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deer Lodge have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Lodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Deer Lodge<5>
- Drummond [Granite County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drummond
- Drummond [Granite County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Lingenpolter
- Population from the 2020 Census: 330 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drummond
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Drummond<5>
- Goldcreek [Powell County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goldcreek
- Goldcreek [Powell County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Lingenpolter
- Goldcreek has also been known as:
- Gold Creek
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Goldcreek<5>
- Jens [Powell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jens
- Jens [Powell County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Lingenpolter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jens
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Phosphate [Powell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Phosphate
- Phosphate [Powell County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Lingenpolter
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Phosphate. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Phosphate
- Garrison [Powell County]
- Hall [Granite County]
- Avon [Powell County]
- Granite [Granite County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Granite
- Granite [Granite County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Lingenpolter
- Philipsburg [Granite County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Philipsburg
- Philipsburg [Granite County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southwest of Lingenpolter
- Population from the 2020 Census: 906 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Philipsburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Philipsburg<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Lingenpolter. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Lingenpolter.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Lingenpolter. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Lingenpolter.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Lingenpolter. See our Newspapers Page for Lingenpolter.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lingenpolter ...
Looking for more information about Lingenpolter? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lingenpolter, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lingenpolter.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Montana
About Powell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lingenpolter. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Powell, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lingenpolter - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lingenpolter) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lingenpolter. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.5327, Longitude: -112.9676 In this case, the coordinates for Lingenpolter have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|