Welcome to Goldcreek (aka 'Gold Creek') ...
So far, we have found very little information about Goldcreek. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Goldcreek to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Goldcreek, please Contact Us.
Goldcreek would have been located within present day Powell County<2>.
The community of Goldcreek has also been called Gold Creek.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Goldcreek is 4,180 feet [1,274 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Goldcreek is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Goldcreek was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Goldcreek would have been located in the (406) area code.
Communities near Goldcreek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Goldcreek.
- Deer Lodge [Powell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Lodge
- Deer Lodge [Powell County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Goldcreek
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,805 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deer Lodge have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Lodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Deer Lodge<6>
- Drummond [Granite County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drummond
- Drummond [Granite County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Goldcreek
- Population from the 2020 Census: 330 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drummond
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Drummond<6>
- Garrison [Powell County]
- Hall [Granite County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Avon [Powell County]
- Blackfoot City [Powell County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot City
- Blackfoot City [Powell County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Goldcreek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blackfoot City have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Helmville [Powell County]
- Bearmouth [Granite County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bearmouth
- Bearmouth [Granite County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Goldcreek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bearmouth have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Emery [Powell County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Emery
- Emery [Powell County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Goldcreek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Emery have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Elliston [Powell County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Goldcreek. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Goldcreek.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Goldcreek. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Goldcreek.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Goldcreek. See our Newspapers Page for Goldcreek.
Adding Goldcreek to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Goldcreek in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Goldcreek was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Goldcreek on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Montana
About Powell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Goldcreek, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Powell, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Goldcreek - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Goldcreek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Goldcreek. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GoldcreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Goldcreek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.5858, Longitude: -112.9282 |
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|