Around Kiowa ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Browning. It is located about 11 miles [17 km] to the east of Kiowa. Browning has a population of 1,000 people.<1>.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Babb [Glacier County]
- Browning [Glacier County]
- Coram [Flathead County]
- East Glacier Park Village [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Glacier Park Village
- East Glacier Park Village [Glacier County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Kiowa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Glacier Park Village
- East Glacier Park [Glacier County]
- Essex [Flathead County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Heart Butte [Pondera County]
- Martin City [Flathead County]
- North Browning [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Browning
- North Browning [Glacier County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Kiowa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Browning have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Browning
- Rising Sun [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rising Sun
- Rising Sun [Glacier County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Kiowa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rising Sun
- Saint Mary [Glacier County]
- South Browning [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Browning
- South Browning [Glacier County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Kiowa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Browning
- Starr School [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Starr School
- Starr School [Glacier County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Kiowa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Starr School have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Starr School
- Swiftcurrent [Glacier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swiftcurrent
- Swiftcurrent [Glacier County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Kiowa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Swiftcurrent
- West Glacier [Flathead County]
For more communities neighboring Kiowa, please visit our County-by-County Page for Kiowa.
Glacier County ...
Kiowa is located in Glacier County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Glacier County: Flathead, Pondera & Toole.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Kiowa ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kiowa.
Airports Near Kiowa ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Kiowa and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Kiowa.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kiowa ...
Looking for more information about Kiowa? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Kiowa. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Kiowa, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Kiowa.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Montana
About Glacier County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kiowa. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Kiowa.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kiowa) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kiowa. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KiowaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kiowa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.5473, Longitude: -113.2703 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Glacier, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Kiowa), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|