Census Data for Hogeland ...
As far as we can tell, Hogeland has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Hogeland, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Harlem [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frontier
- Frontier lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Hogeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frontier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Climax
- Climax lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Hogeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Climax
- Chinook [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bracken
- Bracken lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Hogeland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bracken
- Dodson [Phillips County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dodson
- Dodson [Phillips County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Hogeland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dodson have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dodson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dodson<2>
Blaine County ...
Hogeland is located in Blaine County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Blaine County.
Miscellaneous Information for Hogeland ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Blaine County or the community of Hogeland:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Hogeland:
- GNIS ID for Hogeland: 772456
- GNIS ID for Blaine County: 1722470
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Hogeland is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Hogeland, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Hogeland. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Hogeland:59529<5>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Hogeland.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Blaine County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hogeland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hogeland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hogeland. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HogelandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hogeland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.8539, Longitude: -108.6577 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Blaine, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Hogeland or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|