Census Data for Hall ...
As far as we can tell, Hall has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Hall, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Drummond [Granite County]
- Philipsburg [Granite County]
- Deer Lodge [Powell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Lodge
- Deer Lodge [Powell County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Hall
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deer Lodge have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Lodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Deer Lodge<2>
- Anaconda-Deer Lodge County [Deer Lodge County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anaconda-Deer Lodge County
- Anaconda-Deer Lodge County [Deer Lodge County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the south of Hall
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Anaconda-Deer Lodge County came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anaconda-Deer Lodge County
Granite County ...
Hall is located in Granite County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Granite County.
Miscellaneous Information for Hall ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Granite County or the community of Hall:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Hall:
- GNIS ID for Hall: 784477
- GNIS ID for Granite County: 1719605
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 30 (Montana)
- County Code: 039 (Granite County)
- Place Code: 33625 (Hall)
- State & County Code: 30/039 (Montana / Granite County)
- State & Place Code: 30/33625 (Montana / Hall)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Hall is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Hall, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Hall. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Hall:59837<6>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Hall.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Montana
About Granite County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hall. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hall) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hall. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HallOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hall. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.5855, Longitude: -113.1967 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Granite, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Hall or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|