Census Data for Gregson ...
So far, we have found very little information about Gregson. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Gregson to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Gregson, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Gregson has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Gregson, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Anaconda-Deer Lodge County [Deer Lodge County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anaconda-Deer Lodge County
- Anaconda-Deer Lodge County [Deer Lodge County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Gregson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Anaconda-Deer Lodge County came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anaconda-Deer Lodge County
- Butte - Silver Bow [Silver Bow County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Butte - Silver Bow
- Butte - Silver Bow [Silver Bow County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Gregson
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 34,207 people. This represents a 2.03% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 33,525 people.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Butte - Silver Bow have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Butte - Silver Bow
- Walkerville [Silver Bow County]
- Deer Lodge [Powell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Lodge
- Deer Lodge [Powell County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the north of Gregson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deer Lodge have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Lodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Deer Lodge<5>
- Philipsburg [Granite County]
- Boulder [Jefferson County]
- Whitehall [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitehall
- Whitehall [Jefferson County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the east of Gregson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitehall have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitehall
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Whitehall<5>
Deer Lodge County ...
Gregson is primarily located in Deer Lodge County<6>. A portion of Gregson extends into Silver Bow County.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Deer Lodge County.
Miscellaneous Information for Gregson ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Deer Lodge County or the community of Gregson:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Gregson:
- GNIS ID for Gregson: 784325
- GNIS ID for Deer Lodge County: 1719617
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Gregson would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Gregson.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Montana
About Deer Lodge County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Gregson, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Gregson) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gregson. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GregsonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gregson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0480, Longitude: -112.8098 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Deer Lodge, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|