Census Data for Goldcreek (aka 'Gold Creek') ...
So far, we have found very little information about Goldcreek. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Goldcreek to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Goldcreek, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Goldcreek<2> has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Goldcreek, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Drummond [Granite County]
- Deer Lodge [Powell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Lodge
- Deer Lodge [Powell County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Goldcreek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deer Lodge have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Lodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Deer Lodge<4>
- Philipsburg [Granite County]
- Anaconda-Deer Lodge County [Deer Lodge County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anaconda-Deer Lodge County
- Anaconda-Deer Lodge County [Deer Lodge County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<3> to the south of Goldcreek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Anaconda-Deer Lodge County came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anaconda-Deer Lodge County
Powell County ...
Goldcreek is located in Powell County<7>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Powell County.
Miscellaneous Information for Goldcreek ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Powell County or the community of Goldcreek:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Goldcreek:
- GNIS ID for Goldcreek: 784073
- GNIS ID for Powell County: 1720021
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Goldcreek would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Goldcreek, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Goldcreek. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Goldcreek:59733<8>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Goldcreek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Montana
About Powell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Goldcreek, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Goldcreek is also known as Gold Creek. For more information, please visit our Genealogy Helper Page for Goldcreek.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Goldcreek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Goldcreek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GoldcreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Goldcreek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.5858, Longitude: -112.9282 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Powell, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<8>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Goldcreek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|