Around Fort Peck ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Glasgow. It is located about 15 miles [24 km] to the northwest of Fort Peck. Glasgow has a population of 3,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Wolf Point.
It is located about 37 miles [ km] to the east of Fort Peck and has a population of 2,700 people.
For comparison, Fort Peck has a population of 240 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Frazer [Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frazer
- Frazer [Valley County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Fort Peck
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frazer have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frazer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Frazer<4>
- Glasgow [Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glasgow
- Glasgow [Valley County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Fort Peck
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,315 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glasgow
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Glasgow<4>
- Hinsdale [Valley County]
- Larslan [Valley County]
- Lustre [Valley County]
- Nashua [Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nashua
- Nashua [Valley County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Fort Peck
- Population from the 2020 Census: 286 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nashua have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nashua
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nashua<4>
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Saint Marie [Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Marie
- Saint Marie [Valley County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Fort Peck
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Marie have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Marie
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Marie<4>
- Vandalia [Valley County]
- Wolf Point [Roosevelt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wolf Point
- Wolf Point [Roosevelt County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the east of Fort Peck
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,722 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolf Point
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wolf Point<4>
For more communities neighboring Fort Peck, please visit our County-by-County Page for Fort Peck.
Valley County ...
Fort Peck is located in Valley County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Valley County: Daniels, Garfield, McCone, Phillips & Roosevelt.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Fort Peck ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Fort Peck.
Airports Near Fort Peck ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Fort Peck and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Fort Peck.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Fort Peck ...
Looking for more information about Fort Peck? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Fort Peck. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Fort Peck, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Fort Peck.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Montana
About Valley County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Peck. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Fort Peck.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fort Peck) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Peck. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort PeckOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Peck. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.0073, Longitude: -106.4549 In this case, the coordinates for Fort Peck have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Valley, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Fort Peck), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|