A visit to the Bannack Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Bannack Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Bannack Cemetery (FAG ID #20752)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Bannack Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Bannack Cemetery
The Bannack Cemetery is located in Beaverhead County<2>.
The county seat for Beaverhead County is located in Dillon. Dillon lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of the Bannack Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Bannack Cemetery
Lat: 45.1743° (45° 10' 27")
Lon: -113.0153° (-113° 0' 55")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Bannack Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Montana:
- Pages specific to Beaverhead County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Montana
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 8 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> of the Bannack Cemetery.
- Argenta [Beaverhead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Argenta
- Argenta [Beaverhead County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Bannack Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Argenta
- Armstead [Beaverhead County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Armstead
- Armstead [Beaverhead County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Bannack Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Armstead have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Bannack [Beaverhead County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bannack
- Bannack [Beaverhead County] was located less than 2 miles<3> to the southeast of Bannack Cemetery
- Dillon [Beaverhead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dillon
- Dillon [Beaverhead County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Bannack Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,333 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dillon have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dillon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dillon<5>
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Elkhorn [Beaverhead County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkhorn
- Elkhorn [Beaverhead County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the north of Bannack Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkhorn have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Glen [Beaverhead County]
- Jackson [Beaverhead County]
- Polaris [Beaverhead County]
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Bannack Cemetery. The following communities are located in Beaverhead County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Bannack Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 6 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Bannack Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
All of the following cemeteries are located in Beaverhead County.
- Argenta Cemetery [Beaverhead County]
- Haining Cemetery [Beaverhead County]
- Mountain View Cemetery [Beaverhead County]
- Poindexter Cemetery [Beaverhead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Poindexter Cemetery
- Poindexter Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the east of Bannack Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poindexter Cemetery
- Popularis Cemetery [Beaverhead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Popularis Cemetery
- Popularis Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the northwest of Bannack Cemetery.
- Popularis Cemetery has also been known as:
- Jackson Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Popularis Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2273576<1>
- Reichle Cemetery [Beaverhead County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Reichle Cemetery
- Reichle Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the northeast of Bannack Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reichle Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Bannack Cemetery:
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #779331 (Bannack Cemetery)
- Note: GNIS record #779331 has been archived by the USGS. It is no longer maintained by the USGS, nor can it be retrieved from their website.
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Mill Point
- County: Beaverhead Elev: 1796
- Location given for GNIS #779331 (Bannack Cemetery)
- Lat: 45.1746449 Lon: -113.0150364
- Open a Google Map centered on the above location.
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #20752
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Montana
About Beaverhead County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Beaverhead, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Bannack Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1743, Longitude: -113.0153 |
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|