When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Palo Alto.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Palo Alto. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Palo Alto.
Large Airports ...
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Tunica Muni. (ICAO: KUTA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- McCharen Fld. (FAA ID: M83)
- McCharen Field lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Palo Alto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McCharen Field
- Stinson Fld. Muni.
- Stinson Field Municipal Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Palo Alto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stinson Field Municipal Airport
- George M. Bryan Airport (FAA ID: STF)
- George M. Bryan Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the south of Palo Alto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George M. Bryan Airport
- Golden Triangle Rgnl. (ICAO: KGTR)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Houston Muni. (FAA ID: M44)
- Houston Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Palo Alto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Houston Municipal Airport
- Monroe Co. Airport (FAA ID: M40)
- Monroe County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Palo Alto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe County Airport
- Okolona Muni. (FAA ID: 5A4)
- Okolona Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north of Palo Alto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okolona Municipal Airport
- Phillips Intl.
- Phillips International Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Palo Alto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Phillips International Airport
- Columbus - Lowndes Co. Airport (UBS/KUBS)
- Eupora Airport (FAA ID: 06M)
- Eupora Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Palo Alto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eupora Airport
- Ackerman - Choctaw Co. Airport (FAA ID: 9M4)
- Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Palo Alto.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Clay County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Palo Alto. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Palo Alto), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Palo Alto) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Palo Alto. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6807, Longitude: -88.8001 In this case, the coordinates for Palo Alto have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).