When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Palmers Crossing.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Palmers Crossing. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Palmers Crossing.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Pine Belt Rgnl.
- Pine Belt Regional Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Palmers Crossing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Belt Regional Airport
- Richton - Perry Co. Airport (FAA ID: M59)
- Richton - Perry County Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Palmers Crossing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richton - Perry County Airport
- I. H. Bass Jr. Meml. (FAA ID: 4R1)
- I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Palmers Crossing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport
- Hesler - Noble Fld. (LUL/KLUL)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Dean Griffin Meml. (FAA ID: M24)
- Dean Griffin Memorial Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Palmers Crossing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dean Griffin Memorial Airport
- Columbia - Marion Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0R0)
- Columbia - Marion County Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the west of Palmers Crossing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbia - Marion County Airport
- Poplarville Airport (FAA ID: M13)
- Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Palmers Crossing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport
- Smith Co. Airport (FAA ID: MS39)
- Smith County Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Palmers Crossing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smith County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Mississippi
About Forrest County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Palmers Crossing. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Forrest County: www.co.forrest.ms.us/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Palmers Crossing), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Palmers Crossing) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Palmers Crossing. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.2824, Longitude: -89.2756 In this case, the coordinates for Palmers Crossing have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).