When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Palestine.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Palestine. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Palestine.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Gulfport - Biloxi Intl. (GPT/KGPT)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Palestine.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Baton Rouge Metro Airport (BTR/KBTR)
- Houma - Terrebonne Airport (ICAO: KHUM)
- Mobile Rgnl. (MOB/KMOB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Picayune Muni. (FAA ID: MJD)
- Picayune Municipal Airport lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picayune Municipal Airport
- Slidell Airport (ICAO: KASD)
- St. Tammany Rgnl. (FAA ID: L31)
- Saint Tammany Regional Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Tammany Regional Airport
- Stennis Intl. (ICAO: KHSA)
- George R. Carr Meml. Air Fld. (FAA ID: BXA)
- George R. Carr Memorial Air Field lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George R. Carr Memorial Air Field
- Poplarville Airport (FAA ID: M13)
- Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Mississippi
About Pearl River County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Palestine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pearl River County: www.pearlrivercounty.net/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Palestine), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Palestine) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Palestine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.5324, Longitude: -89.7303 In this case, the coordinates for Palestine have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).