When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Palestine.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Palestine. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Palestine.
Large Airports ...
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Tunica Muni. (ICAO: KUTA)
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
- Greenville Intl.
General Aviation Airports ...
- Houston Muni. (FAA ID: M44)
- Houston Municipal Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Houston Municipal Airport
- McCharen Fld. (FAA ID: M83)
- McCharen Field lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McCharen Field
- George M. Bryan Airport (FAA ID: STF)
- George M. Bryan Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George M. Bryan Airport
- Stinson Fld. Muni.
- Stinson Field Municipal Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stinson Field Municipal Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Okolona Muni. (FAA ID: 5A4)
- Okolona Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okolona Municipal Airport
- Eupora Airport (FAA ID: 06M)
- Eupora Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eupora Airport
- Golden Triangle Rgnl. (ICAO: KGTR)
- Monroe Co. Airport (FAA ID: M40)
- Monroe County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe County Airport
- Calhoun Co. Airport (FAA ID: 04M)
- Calhoun County Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Calhoun County Airport
- Phillips Intl.
- Phillips International Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Phillips International Airport
- Ackerman - Choctaw Co. Airport (FAA ID: 9M4)
- Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Palestine.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Clay County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Palestine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Palestine), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Palestine) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Palestine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.7101, Longitude: -88.9217 In this case, the coordinates for Palestine have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).