When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Osyka.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Osyka. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Osyka.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Baton Rouge Metro Airport (BTR/KBTR)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 71 miles [114.3 km]<2> miles to the south of Osyka.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Gulfport - Biloxi Intl. (GPT/KGPT)
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Houma - Terrebonne Airport (ICAO: KHUM)
- Acadiana Rgnl. (ICAO: KARA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- McComb / Pike Co. Airport (MCB/KMCB)
- Paul Pittman Meml. (FAA ID: T36)
- Paul Pittman Memorial Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Osyka.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paul Pittman Memorial Airport
- Hammond Muni.
- Hammond Municipal Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the south of Osyka.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hammond Municipal Airport
- Hammond Northshore Rgnl. (ICAO: KHDC)
- George R. Carr Meml. Air Fld. (FAA ID: BXA)
- George R. Carr Memorial Air Field lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Osyka.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George R. Carr Memorial Air Field
- Crosby Muni. (FAA ID: C71)
- Crosby Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Osyka.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crosby Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Mississippi
About Pike County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Osyka. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pike County: www.co.pike.ms.us/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Osyka), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Osyka) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Osyka. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Osyka
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Osyka. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.0072, Longitude: -90.4718 In this case, the coordinates for Osyka have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).