When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Osseola.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Osseola. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Osseola.
Large Airports ...
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greenville Intl.
- Greenville International Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Osseola.
- Official website: https://www.gspairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville International Airport
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Hollandale Muni. (FAA ID: 14M)
- Hollandale Municipal Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Osseola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hollandale Municipal Airport
- Indianola Muni. (ICAO: KIDL)
- Belzoni Muni. (FAA ID: 1M2)
- Belzoni Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Osseola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belzoni Municipal Airport
- Lake Village Muni. (FAA ID: M32)
- Lake Village Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the west of Osseola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Village Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Cleveland Muni. (FAA ID: RNV)
- Cleveland Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Osseola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cleveland Municipal Airport
- McGehee Muni. (FAA ID: 7M1)
- McGehee Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Osseola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McGehee Municipal Airport
- Dermott Muni. (FAA ID: 4M5)
- Dermott Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Osseola.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dermott Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Washington County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Osseola. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Osseola), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Osseola) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Osseola. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.3060, Longitude: -90.8726 In this case, the coordinates for Osseola have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).