When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Orange Grove.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Orange Grove. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Orange Grove.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Gulfport - Biloxi Intl. (GPT/KGPT)
- Mobile Rgnl. (MOB/KMOB)
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Mobile Downtown Airport (ICAO: KBFM)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 76 miles [122.3 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Orange Grove.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Stennis Intl. (ICAO: KHSA)
- Dean Griffin Meml. (FAA ID: M24)
- Dean Griffin Memorial Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Orange Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dean Griffin Memorial Airport
- Trent Lott Intl. (ICAO: KPQL)
- Poplarville Airport (FAA ID: M13)
- Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Orange Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Picayune Muni. (FAA ID: MJD)
- Picayune Municipal Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Orange Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picayune Municipal Airport
- Slidell Airport (ICAO: KASD)
- I. H. Bass Jr. Meml. (FAA ID: 4R1)
- I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Orange Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Harrison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Orange Grove. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Harrison County: www.co.harrison.ms.us/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Orange Grove), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Orange Grove) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Orange Grove. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.4546, Longitude: -89.0884 In this case, the coordinates for Orange Grove have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).