Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Ocean Springs.
Our newspaper information for Ocean Springs is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 7 papers that were published in the immediate area of Ocean Springs. In addition, the list contains another 57 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Ocean Springs. In total, we've identified 64 papers within 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> of Ocean Springs.
Newspapers Published In Ocean Springs ...
We know of 7 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Ocean Springs:
- Ocean Springs News (from 1905)
- Ocean Springs Record (from 1965)
- The Gulf Coast Times (from 1949)
- The Jackson County Times (from 1917)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- The Ocean Springs Progress (from 1905)
- The Ocean Wave (from 1895)
- The Progress
Newspapers Neighboring Ocean Springs ...
The following newspapers were published within 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> of Ocean Springs.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Ocean Springs.
- Published In Biloxi [Harrison County] ...
- Biloxi D'Iberville Press (from 200?)
- Biloxi-North Biloxi Press (from 1981)
- The Bay Press (from 2001)
- The Biloxi Bulletin (from 19??)
- The Biloxi Daily Herald (from 1898)
- The Biloxi Herald (from 1884)
- The Biloxi Mirror (from 187?)
- The Biloxi Press (from 1975)
- The Biloxi Review (from 1896)
- The Biloxi-D'Iberville Press (from 198?)
- The Keesler Field News (from 194?)
- The Kessler News (from 195?)
- The North Biloxian Press (from 1975)
- The North Biloxian (from 1973)
- The Sea Shore Sentinel (from 1850)
- Published In Gautier [Jackson County] ...
- Gautier Independent (from 1971)
- Published In Handsboro [Harrison County] ...
- The Handsboro Democrat (from 1858)
- The Sea Shore Gazette (from 1878)
- Published In Mississippi City [Harrison County] ...
- Sea Coast Democrat (from 18??)
- The Reformer (from 1854)
- Continue List (10 more) ...
- Published In Pascagoula [Jackson County] ...
- The Business Review (from 19??)
- The Chronicle-Star (from 1920)
- The Pascagoula Chronicle (from 1905)
- The Pascagoula Democrat-Star (from 1878)
- The Pascagoula Democrat-Star (from 1878)
- Published In Moss Point [Jackson County] ...
- The Moss Point Advertiser (from 1909)
- Published In Gulfport [Harrison County] ...
- Gulfport Pictorial Review (from 19??)
- Gulfport Record (from 1908)
- Mississippi Democrat Newspaper (from 1964)
- The Daily Record-Tribune (from 1907)
- The Dixie Guide (from 1939)
- The Gulf Coast Guide (from 1925)
- The Gulfport Daily Herald (from 1910)
- The Gulfport Record (from 19??)
- The Gulfport Southward (from 18??)
- The Mississippi Guide (from 1928)
- The Star Journal (from 1976)
- Published In Long Beach [Harrison County] ...
- Long Beach News (from 1959)
- The Gulf Coast Weekly (from 19??)
- The Long Beach Weekly (from 1985)
- Published In Grand Bay [Mobile County] ...
- The Grand Bay News (from 1915)
- Published In Pass Christian [Harrison County] ...
- The Coast Beacon (from 18??)
- The Coast News (from 1893)
- The Daily Coast News (from 189?)
- The Pass Christian Tarpon And Coast Beacon (from 19??)
- The Pass Christian Tarpon Beacon (from 1938)
- Published In McHenry [Stone County] ...
- The McHenry Minutes (from 19??)
- The McHenry News (from 19??)
- The McHenry Register (from 1898)
- Published In Bay Saint Louis [Hancock County] ...
- Gulf Coast Progress (from 1884)
- Hancock County Eagle (from 19??)
- The Herald (from 1876)
- The Sea Coast Echo (from 1892)
- Published In Lucedale [George County] ...
- The George County Times (from 1910)
- The Ledger-Review (from 1972)
- The Lucedale Ledger (from 1972)
- Published In Wiggins [Stone County] ...
- Stone County Enterprise (from 19??)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Mississippi
About Jackson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Ocean Springs. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jackson County: www.co.jackson.ms.us/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ocean Springs) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ocean Springs. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ocean Springs
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ocean Springs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.4064, Longitude: -88.7951 In this case, the coordinates for Ocean Springs have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).