When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Ocean Springs.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Ocean Springs. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Ocean Springs.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Gulfport - Biloxi Intl. (GPT/KGPT)
- Mobile Rgnl. (MOB/KMOB)
- Mobile Downtown Airport (ICAO: KBFM)
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Trent Lott Intl. (ICAO: KPQL)
- St. Elmo Airport (FAA ID: 2R5)
- Saint Elmo Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Ocean Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Elmo Airport
- Dean Griffin Meml. (FAA ID: M24)
- Dean Griffin Memorial Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Ocean Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dean Griffin Memorial Airport
- Stennis Intl. (ICAO: KHSA)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Dauphin Island Airport (FAA ID: 4R9)
- Dauphin Island Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Ocean Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dauphin Island Airport
- Poplarville Airport (FAA ID: M13)
- Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Ocean Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport
- Picayune Muni. (FAA ID: MJD)
- Picayune Municipal Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Ocean Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picayune Municipal Airport
- Fairhope Muni.
- Fairhope Municipal Airport lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Ocean Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairhope Municipal Airport
- H. L. Sonny Callahan Airport (ICAO: K4R4)
- I. H. Bass Jr. Meml. (FAA ID: 4R1)
- I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport lies 58 miles [93.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Ocean Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport
- North Mobile Co. Airport (FAA ID: 15A)
- Mark Reynolds - North Mobile County Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Ocean Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mark Reynolds - North Mobile County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Mississippi
About Jackson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ocean Springs. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jackson County: www.co.jackson.ms.us/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Ocean Springs), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ocean Springs) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ocean Springs. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ocean Springs
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ocean Springs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.4064, Longitude: -88.7951 In this case, the coordinates for Ocean Springs have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).