When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Oaks.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Oaks. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Oaks.
Large Airports ...
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Greenville Intl.
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- C. A. Moore Airport (FAA ID: 19M)
- C. A. Moore Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the north of Oaks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on C. A. Moore Airport
- Bruce Campbell Fld. (FAA ID: MBO)
- Bruce Campbell Field lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Oaks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruce Campbell Field
- Carthage - Leake Co. Airport (FAA ID: 08M)
- Carthage - Leake County Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the east of Oaks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carthage - Leake County Airport
- Yazoo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 87I)
- Yazoo County Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Oaks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yazoo County Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Kosciusko - Attala Co. Airport (FAA ID: OSX)
- Kosciusko - Attala County Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Oaks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kosciusko - Attala County Airport
- Hawkins Fld. (ICAO: KHKS)
- Belzoni Muni. (FAA ID: 1M2)
- Belzoni Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Oaks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belzoni Municipal Airport
- Forest Muni.
- Forest Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Oaks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Municipal Airport
- G. V. Montgomery Airport (FAA ID: 2M4)
- G. V. Montgomery Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Oaks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on G. V. Montgomery Airport
- John Bell Williams Airport (FAA ID: M16)
- John Bell Williams Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Oaks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on John Bell Williams Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Madison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Oaks. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Madison County: www.madison-co.com/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Oaks), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Oaks) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oaks. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.7999, Longitude: -89.9770 In this case, the coordinates for Oaks have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).