When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Oak Forrest.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Oak Forrest. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Oak Forrest.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Pine Belt Rgnl.
- Pine Belt Regional Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Oak Forrest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Belt Regional Airport
- I. H. Bass Jr. Meml. (FAA ID: 4R1)
- I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the south of Oak Forrest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport
- Columbia - Marion Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0R0)
- Columbia - Marion County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the west of Oak Forrest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbia - Marion County Airport
- Richton - Perry Co. Airport (FAA ID: M59)
- Richton - Perry County Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the east of Oak Forrest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richton - Perry County Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Hesler - Noble Fld. (LUL/KLUL)
- Poplarville Airport (FAA ID: M13)
- Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the south of Oak Forrest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport
- Dean Griffin Meml. (FAA ID: M24)
- Dean Griffin Memorial Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Oak Forrest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dean Griffin Memorial Airport
- Jefferson Davis Co. Airport (FAA ID: M43)
- Prentiss - Jefferson Davis County Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Oak Forrest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prentiss - Jefferson Davis County Airport
- Smith Co. Airport (FAA ID: MS39)
- Smith County Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the north of Oak Forrest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smith County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Mississippi
About Lamar County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Oak Forrest. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lamar County: www.lamarcounty.com/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Oak Forrest), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Oak Forrest) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oak Forrest. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.2885, Longitude: -89.4301 In this case, the coordinates for Oak Forrest have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).