When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Northwood.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Northwood. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Northwood.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- George M. Bryan Airport (FAA ID: STF)
- George M. Bryan Airport lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Northwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George M. Bryan Airport
- McCharen Fld. (FAA ID: M83)
- McCharen Field lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Northwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McCharen Field
- Golden Triangle Rgnl. (ICAO: KGTR)
- Phillips Intl.
- Phillips International Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the east of Northwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Phillips International Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Columbus - Lowndes Co. Airport (UBS/KUBS)
- Ackerman - Choctaw Co. Airport (FAA ID: 9M4)
- Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Northwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ackerman - Choctaw County Airport
- Louisville Winston Co. Airport (ICAO: KLMS)
- Macon Muni. (FAA ID: 20M)
- Macon Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Northwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Macon Municipal Airport
- Stinson Fld. Muni.
- Stinson Field Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Northwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stinson Field Municipal Airport
- Eupora Airport (FAA ID: 06M)
- Eupora Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the west of Northwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eupora Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Mississippi
About Oktibbeha County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Northwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Northwood), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Northwood) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Northwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.4732, Longitude: -88.8120 In this case, the coordinates for Northwood have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).