When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Nortac.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Nortac. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Nortac.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Gulfport - Biloxi Intl. (GPT/KGPT)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 68 miles [109.4 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Nortac.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
- Mobile Rgnl. (MOB/KMOB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Poplarville Airport (FAA ID: M13)
- Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> miles to the east of Nortac.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplarville - Pearl River County Airport
- I. H. Bass Jr. Meml. (FAA ID: 4R1)
- I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Nortac.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport
- George R. Carr Meml. Air Fld. (FAA ID: BXA)
- George R. Carr Memorial Air Field lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the west of Nortac.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George R. Carr Memorial Air Field
- Picayune Muni. (FAA ID: MJD)
- Picayune Municipal Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Nortac.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picayune Municipal Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Dean Griffin Meml. (FAA ID: M24)
- Dean Griffin Memorial Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the east of Nortac.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dean Griffin Memorial Airport
- Stennis Intl. (ICAO: KHSA)
- Slidell Airport (ICAO: KASD)
- St. Tammany Rgnl. (FAA ID: L31)
- Saint Tammany Regional Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Nortac.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Tammany Regional Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Mississippi
About Pearl River County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nortac. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pearl River County: www.pearlrivercounty.net/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Nortac), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Nortac) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nortac. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.7852, Longitude: -89.5667 In this case, the coordinates for Nortac have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).