When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Nitta Yuma.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Nitta Yuma. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Nitta Yuma.
Large Airports ...
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greenville Intl.
- Greenville International Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Nitta Yuma.
- Official website: https://www.gspairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville International Airport
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Monroe Rgnl. (MLU/KMLU)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Hollandale Muni. (FAA ID: 14M)
- Hollandale Municipal Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the north of Nitta Yuma.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hollandale Municipal Airport
- Belzoni Muni. (FAA ID: 1M2)
- Belzoni Municipal Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Nitta Yuma.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belzoni Municipal Airport
- Byerley Airport (FAA ID: 0M8)
- Byerley Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Nitta Yuma.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byerley Airport
- Yazoo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 87I)
- Yazoo County Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Nitta Yuma.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yazoo County Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Indianola Muni. (ICAO: KIDL)
- Kelly Airport (FAA ID: 9M6)
- Kelly Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Nitta Yuma.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelly Airport
- Lake Village Muni. (FAA ID: M32)
- Lake Village Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Nitta Yuma.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Village Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Sharkey County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nitta Yuma. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Nitta Yuma), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Nitta Yuma) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nitta Yuma. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Nitta Yuma
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nitta Yuma. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.0242, Longitude: -90.8483