When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Newtonia.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Newtonia. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Newtonia.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Baton Rouge Metro Airport (BTR/KBTR)
- Lafayette Rgnl. (LFT/KLFT)
- Acadiana Rgnl. (ICAO: KARA)
- Alexandria Intl. (ICAO: KAEX)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Abbeville Chris Crusta Meml. (ICAO: K0R3)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 91 miles [146.5 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Newtonia.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
- Houma - Terrebonne Airport (ICAO: KHUM)
- Monroe Rgnl. (MLU/KMLU)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Wilkinson Community Airport
- Wilkinson Community Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Newtonia.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilkinson Community Airport
- Crosby Muni. (FAA ID: C71)
- Crosby Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Newtonia.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crosby Municipal Airport
- False River Rgnl. (FAA ID: HZR)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Wilkinson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Newtonia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Newtonia), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Newtonia) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Newtonia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.0405, Longitude: -91.2059 In this case, the coordinates for Newtonia have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).