When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to New Salem.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from New Salem. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to New Salem.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Tunica Muni. (ICAO: KUTA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Fulton - Itawamba Co. Airport (FAA ID: 11M)
- Fulton - Itawamba County Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the north of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fulton - Itawamba County Airport
- Monroe Co. Airport (FAA ID: M40)
- Monroe County Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe County Airport
- Marion Co. Airport (FAA ID: HAB)
- Marion County - Rankin Fite Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the east of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marion County - Rankin Fite Airport
- Okolona Muni. (FAA ID: 5A4)
- Okolona Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okolona Municipal Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Stinson Fld. Muni.
- Stinson Field Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stinson Field Municipal Airport
- Lamar Co. Airport (FAA ID: M55)
- Lamar County Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the southeast of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lamar County Airport
- Red Bay Muni.
- Red Bay Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Bay Municipal Airport
- C. D. Lemons Muni.
- C. D. Lemons Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on C. D. Lemons Municipal Airport
- Tishomingo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 01M)
- Tishomingo County Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tishomingo County Airport
- Tupelo Rgnl. (TUP/KTUP)
- Booneville - Baldwyn Airport (FAA ID: 8M1)
- Booneville - Baldwyn Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of New Salem.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Booneville - Baldwyn Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Itawamba County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for New Salem. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Itawamba County: www.co.itawamba.ms.us/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to New Salem), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- New Salem) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in New Salem. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.1396, Longitude: -88.3587 In this case, the coordinates for New Salem have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).