When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to New Hope.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from New Hope. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to New Hope.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Gulfport - Biloxi Intl. (GPT/KGPT)
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 82 miles [132 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of New Hope.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
- Baton Rouge Metro Airport (BTR/KBTR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Columbia - Marion Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0R0)
- Columbia - Marion County Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of New Hope.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbia - Marion County Airport
- Paul Pittman Meml. (FAA ID: T36)
- Paul Pittman Memorial Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the west of New Hope.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paul Pittman Memorial Airport
- George R. Carr Meml. Air Fld. (FAA ID: BXA)
- George R. Carr Memorial Air Field lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the south of New Hope.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on George R. Carr Memorial Air Field
- I. H. Bass Jr. Meml. (FAA ID: 4R1)
- I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of New Hope.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on I. H. Bass Junior. Memorial Airport
- Jefferson Davis Co. Airport (FAA ID: M43)
- Prentiss - Jefferson Davis County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the north of New Hope.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prentiss - Jefferson Davis County Airport
- McComb / Pike Co. Airport (MCB/KMCB)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Marion County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for New Hope. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to New Hope), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- New Hope) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in New Hope. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.1577, Longitude: -89.9134 In this case, the coordinates for New Hope have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).