When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Murdocks Ferry.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Murdocks Ferry. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Murdocks Ferry.
Large Airports ...
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greenville Intl.
- Greenville International Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the west of Murdocks Ferry.
- Official website: https://www.gspairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville International Airport
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Tunica Muni. (ICAO: KUTA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Greenwood - Leflore Airport (GWO/KGWO)
- C. A. Moore Airport (FAA ID: 19M)
- C. A. Moore Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Murdocks Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on C. A. Moore Airport
- Belzoni Muni. (FAA ID: 1M2)
- Belzoni Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Murdocks Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belzoni Municipal Airport
- Indianola Muni. (ICAO: KIDL)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Winona - Montgomery Co. Airport (FAA ID: 5A6)
- Winona - Montgomery County Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the east of Murdocks Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winona - Montgomery County Airport
- Ruleville - Drew Airport (FAA ID: M37)
- Ruleville - Drew Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Murdocks Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruleville - Drew Airport
- Grenada Muni. (FAA ID: GNF)
- Grenada Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Murdocks Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grenada Municipal Airport
- Cleveland Muni. (FAA ID: RNV)
- Cleveland Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Murdocks Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cleveland Municipal Airport
- Charleston Muni. (FAA ID: 09M)
- Charleston Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Murdocks Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Charleston Municipal Airport
- Hollandale Muni. (FAA ID: 14M)
- Hollandale Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Murdocks Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hollandale Municipal Airport
- Yazoo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 87I)
- Yazoo County Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Murdocks Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yazoo County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Leflore County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Murdocks Ferry. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Murdocks Ferry), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Murdocks Ferry) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Murdocks Ferry. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.4496, Longitude: -90.2279 In this case, the coordinates for Murdocks Ferry have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).