Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Mount Pleasant.
Our newspaper information for Mount Pleasant is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Mount Pleasant. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Mount Pleasant. Our list contains 67 papers that were published within 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> of Mount Pleasant.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Mount Pleasant.
Newspapers Neighboring Mount Pleasant ...
The following newspapers were published within 25 miles [40.2 km] of Mount Pleasant.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Mount Pleasant.
- Published In Collierville [Shelby County] ...
- Collierville Herald (from 1876)
- The Collierville Herald (from 1966)
- The Collierville Herald (from 1929)
- The Collierville Independent (from 198?)
- The Collierville Star (from 1965)
- The Herald (from 1964)
- Published In Byhalia [Marshall County] ...
- Pigeon Roost News (from 1982)
- The Byhalia Journal (from 1883)
- Published In Lamar [Benton County] ...
- Dixie Boy (from 1883)
- The Industrial Tattler (from 1884)
- Published In Holly Springs [Marshall County] ...
- We know of 32 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Holly Springs. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Holly Springs
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> of Mount Pleasant. This extended list includes all the papers from Holly Springs. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Mount Pleasant
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Published In La Grange [Fayette County] ...
- La Grange Monitor (from 1859)
- The Gatherer (from 1841)
- The Spirit Of The Age (from 1871)
- The Western Whig And La Grange Herald (from 1837)
- Published In Olive Branch [DeSoto County] ...
- DeSoto County News (from 1940)
- Olive Branch Tribune (from 1972)
- Published In Germantown [Shelby County] ...
- Germantown News (from 1974)
- The Shelby Sun Times (from 19??)
- Published In Ashland [Benton County] ...
- Benton County Argus (from 1872)
- Southern Advocate (from 1905)
- The Ashland Chronicle (from 1887)
- The Ashland Register (from 1879)
- The Ashland Register (from 1889)
- Published In Cordova [Shelby County] ...
- The Beacon (from 1997)
- The Cordova Beacon (from 1991)
- The Cordova Beacon (from 1999)
- Published In Somerville [Fayette County] ...
- Fayette County Review (from 1982)
- Our Mammoth Weekly (from 1871)
- Reporter And Falcon (from 188?)
- Somerville Reporter (from 1836)
- Somerville Times (from 18??)
- Sommerville Democrat (from 1856)
- Sommerville Reporter (from 185?)
- The Fayette Falcon (from 190?)
- The Somerville Falcon (from 1866)
- The Somerville Journal (from 189?)
- The Somerville Reporter (from 1880)
- The Sommerville Democrat (from 1857)
- True Democrat (from 1857)
- Published In Arlington [Shelby County] ...
- East Shelby Review (from 1989)
- Published In Bartlett [Shelby County] ...
- Bartlett Enterprise (from 1871)
- Bartlett Express (from 1978)
- Shelby Express Shopper (from 1986)
- The Bartlett Express (from 1999)
- The Express (from 1986)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Mississippi Community
About Marshall County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Mount Pleasant. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mount Pleasant) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mount Pleasant. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mount Pleasant
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mount Pleasant. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.9558, Longitude: -89.5160