When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mount Olive.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mount Olive. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mount Olive.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Baton Rouge Metro Airport (BTR/KBTR)
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Alexandria Intl. (ICAO: KAEX)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Lafayette Rgnl. (LFT/KLFT)
- New Orleans Intl.
- New Orleans International Airport lies 102 miles [164.2 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Mount Olive.
- Official website: www.flymsy.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Orleans International Airport
- Acadiana Rgnl. (ICAO: KARA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Crosby Muni. (FAA ID: C71)
- Crosby Municipal Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Mount Olive.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crosby Municipal Airport
- Wilkinson Community Airport
- Wilkinson Community Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Mount Olive.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilkinson Community Airport
- Natchez - Adams Co. Airport (HEZ/KHEZ)
- McComb / Pike Co. Airport (MCB/KMCB)
- Brookhaven Airport (FAA ID: 1R7)
- Brookhaven - Lincoln County Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Mount Olive.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brookhaven - Lincoln County Airport
- Concordia Parish Airport (FAA ID: 0R4)
- Concordia Parish Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Mount Olive.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Concordia Parish Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Franklin County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mount Olive. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mount Olive), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mount Olive) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mount Olive. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.3552, Longitude: -90.9354 In this case, the coordinates for Mount Olive have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).