When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mound Landing.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mound Landing. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mound Landing.
Large Airports ...
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greenville Intl.
- Greenville International Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Mound Landing.
- Official website: https://www.gspairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville International Airport
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
General Aviation Airports ...
- McGehee Muni. (FAA ID: 7M1)
- McGehee Municipal Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the west of Mound Landing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McGehee Municipal Airport
- Dermott Muni. (FAA ID: 4M5)
- Dermott Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Mound Landing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dermott Municipal Airport
- Lake Village Muni. (FAA ID: M32)
- Lake Village Municipal Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Mound Landing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Village Municipal Airport
- Cleveland Muni. (FAA ID: RNV)
- Cleveland Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Mound Landing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cleveland Municipal Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Indianola Muni. (ICAO: KIDL)
- Billy Free Muni. (FAA ID: 0M0)
- Billy Free Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Mound Landing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Billy Free Municipal Airport
- Hollandale Muni. (FAA ID: 14M)
- Hollandale Municipal Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Mound Landing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hollandale Municipal Airport
- Monticello Muni. (ICAO: KLLQ)
- Ruleville - Drew Airport (FAA ID: M37)
- Ruleville - Drew Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Mound Landing.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruleville - Drew Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Bolivar County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mound Landing. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Bolivar County: www.co.bolivar.ms.us/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mound Landing), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mound Landing) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mound Landing. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6073, Longitude: -91.1271 In this case, the coordinates for Mound Landing have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).