When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mormon Springs.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mormon Springs. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mormon Springs.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Lamar Co. Airport (FAA ID: M55)
- Lamar County Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the east of Mormon Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lamar County Airport
- Monroe Co. Airport (FAA ID: M40)
- Monroe County Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Mormon Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe County Airport
- Stinson Fld. Muni.
- Stinson Field Municipal Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the west of Mormon Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stinson Field Municipal Airport
- Phillips Intl.
- Phillips International Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Mormon Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Phillips International Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Columbus - Lowndes Co. Airport (UBS/KUBS)
- Marion Co. Airport (FAA ID: HAB)
- Marion County - Rankin Fite Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Mormon Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marion County - Rankin Fite Airport
- McCharen Fld. (FAA ID: M83)
- McCharen Field lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Mormon Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McCharen Field
- Okolona Muni. (FAA ID: 5A4)
- Okolona Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Mormon Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okolona Municipal Airport
- Richard Arthur Fld. (FAA ID: M95)
- Richard Arthur Field lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Mormon Springs.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richard Arthur Field
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Mississippi
About Monroe County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mormon Springs. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Monroe County: www.monroecountyms.org
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mormon Springs), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mormon Springs) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mormon Springs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.8265, Longitude: -88.2956 In this case, the coordinates for Mormon Springs have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).