When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mooreville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mooreville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mooreville.
Large Airports ...
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Tunica Muni. (ICAO: KUTA)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
General Aviation Airports ...
- C. D. Lemons Muni.
- C. D. Lemons Municipal Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Mooreville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on C. D. Lemons Municipal Airport
- Tupelo Rgnl. (TUP/KTUP)
- Fulton - Itawamba Co. Airport (FAA ID: 11M)
- Fulton - Itawamba County Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Mooreville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fulton - Itawamba County Airport
- Okolona Muni. (FAA ID: 5A4)
- Okolona Municipal Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Mooreville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okolona Municipal Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Booneville - Baldwyn Airport (FAA ID: 8M1)
- Booneville - Baldwyn Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the north of Mooreville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Booneville - Baldwyn Airport
- Tishomingo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 01M)
- Tishomingo County Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Mooreville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tishomingo County Airport
- Pontotoc Co. Airport (FAA ID: 22M)
- Pontotoc County Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Mooreville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pontotoc County Airport
- Monroe Co. Airport (FAA ID: M40)
- Monroe County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Mooreville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe County Airport
- Red Bay Muni.
- Red Bay Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Mooreville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Bay Municipal Airport
- Stinson Fld. Muni.
- Stinson Field Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south of Mooreville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stinson Field Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Mississippi
About Lee County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mooreville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mooreville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mooreville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mooreville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mooreville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mooreville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.2667, Longitude: -88.5755