When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Moores Ferry.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Moores Ferry. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Moores Ferry.
Large Airports ...
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Greenville Intl.
- Greenville International Airport lies 90 miles [144.8 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Moores Ferry.
- Official website: https://www.gspairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville International Airport
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bruce Campbell Fld. (FAA ID: MBO)
- Bruce Campbell Field lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Moores Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruce Campbell Field
- Hawkins Fld. (ICAO: KHKS)
- Forest Muni.
- Forest Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Moores Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Municipal Airport
- G. V. Montgomery Airport (FAA ID: 2M4)
- G. V. Montgomery Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Moores Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on G. V. Montgomery Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Carthage - Leake Co. Airport (FAA ID: 08M)
- Carthage - Leake County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Moores Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carthage - Leake County Airport
- John Bell Williams Airport (FAA ID: M16)
- John Bell Williams Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Moores Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on John Bell Williams Airport
- Yazoo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 87I)
- Yazoo County Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Moores Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yazoo County Airport
- C. A. Moore Airport (FAA ID: 19M)
- C. A. Moore Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the north of Moores Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on C. A. Moore Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Madison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Moores Ferry. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Madison County: www.madison-co.com/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Moores Ferry), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Moores Ferry) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Moores Ferry. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.5335, Longitude: -89.9117 In this case, the coordinates for Moores Ferry have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).