When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mont Helena.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mont Helena. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mont Helena.
Large Airports ...
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Greenville Intl.
- Greenville International Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Mont Helena.
- Official website: https://www.gspairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville International Airport
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Monroe Rgnl. (MLU/KMLU)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Hollandale Muni. (FAA ID: 14M)
- Hollandale Municipal Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Mont Helena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hollandale Municipal Airport
- Byerley Airport (FAA ID: 0M8)
- Byerley Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Mont Helena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byerley Airport
- Yazoo Co. Airport (FAA ID: 87I)
- Yazoo County Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the east of Mont Helena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yazoo County Airport
- Belzoni Muni. (FAA ID: 1M2)
- Belzoni Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Mont Helena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belzoni Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Kelly Airport (FAA ID: 9M6)
- Kelly Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Mont Helena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelly Airport
- Indianola Muni. (ICAO: KIDL)
- Lake Village Muni. (FAA ID: M32)
- Lake Village Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Mont Helena.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Village Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Mississippi
About Sharkey County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mont Helena. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mont Helena), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mont Helena) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mont Helena. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.9457, Longitude: -90.8640 In this case, the coordinates for Mont Helena have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).