When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Moncure.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Moncure. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Moncure.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Greenville Intl.
- Greenville International Airport lies 107 miles [172.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Moncure.
- Official website: https://www.gspairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville International Airport
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
- Monroe Rgnl. (MLU/KMLU)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Copiah Co. Airport (FAA ID: M11)
- Copiah County Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Moncure.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Copiah County Airport
- John Bell Williams Airport (FAA ID: M16)
- John Bell Williams Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Moncure.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on John Bell Williams Airport
- Hawkins Fld. (ICAO: KHKS)
- Bruce Campbell Fld. (FAA ID: MBO)
- Bruce Campbell Field lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Moncure.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruce Campbell Field
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Magee Muni. (FAA ID: 17M)
- Magee Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Moncure.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Magee Municipal Airport
- Brookhaven Airport (FAA ID: 1R7)
- Brookhaven - Lincoln County Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Moncure.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brookhaven - Lincoln County Airport
- Jefferson Davis Co. Airport (FAA ID: M43)
- Prentiss - Jefferson Davis County Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Moncure.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prentiss - Jefferson Davis County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Mississippi
About Hinds County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Moncure. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Hinds County: www.co.hinds.ms.us/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Moncure), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Moncure) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Moncure. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.0554, Longitude: -90.2595 In this case, the coordinates for Moncure have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).