Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Mixon.
Our newspaper information for Mixon is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Mixon. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Mixon. Our list contains 50 papers that were published within 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> of Mixon.
Newspapers Neighboring Mixon ...
The following newspapers were published within 27 miles [43.5 km] of Mixon.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Mixon.
- Published In Magnolia [Pike County] ...
- Grand Trunk (from 1862)
- Magnolia Herald (from 18??)
- Pike County Herald (from 1939)
- The Magnolia Gazette (from 1872)
- The Magnolia News (from 1904)
- Published In McComb [Pike County] ...
- Enterprise-Journal (from 1959)
- McComb Daily Enterprise (from 1935)
- McComb Daily Journal (from 1935)
- McComb Enterprise-Journal (from 1945)
- Semi-Weekly Journal (from 1903)
- The Daily Special (from 1898)
- The McComb City Enterprise (from 1889)
- The McComb Enterprise (from 1927)
- The McComb Enterprise (from 1942)
- Published In Osyka [Pike County] ...
- The Osyka Two States (from 1888)
- Published In Summit [Pike County] ...
- Mississippi Enterprise (from 1889)
- Summit Conservative Times (from 18??)
- Summit Sentinel (from 1873)
- Summit Times (from 1867)
- The South Mississippian (from 1888)
- The Summit Sun (from 1936)
- The Times And Intelligencer (from 18??)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Published In Kentwood [Tangipahoa Parish] ...
- Kentwood Commercial (from 1895)
- Kentwood News (from 19??)
- The Kentwood Ledger (from 1966)
- Published In Greensburg [Saint Helena Parish] ...
- Greensburg Gazette (from 18??)
- The Greensburg Imperial (from 1856)
- The Greensburg Journal (from 1865)
- The St. Helena Echo (from 1886)
- The Star And Journal (from 1866)
- The Weekly Star And Journal (from 1867)
- Published In Roseland [Tangipahoa Parish] ...
- The Roseland Herald (from 1891)
- Published In Gloster [Amite County] ...
- The Gloster Record (from 190?)
- The Valley Record (from 1888)
- The Wilkamite Record (from 1946)
- Published In Amite City [Tangipahoa Parish] ...
- Amite City Gazette (from 1885)
- Amite City Independent (from 1876)
- Amite City Times (from 1867)
- The first year of publication was in 1867, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 17311686
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Amite City Times
- Holdings for: LCCN SN88064001
- Florida Parishes Times (from 192?)
- Independent (from 1874)
- Tangipahoa Parish News (from 1925)
- The Amite City Advocate (from 1905)
- The Amite City Democrat (from 1874)
- The Florida Parishes (from 1890)
- The Louisiana Star (from 1865)
- The Sunday Wanderer (from 1863)
- The Tangipahoa Advocate (from 1869)
- The Tangipahoa Democrat (from 1872)
- The True Democrat (from 189?)
- Tri-Weekly Wanderer (from 1864)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Mississippi
About Amite County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Mixon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mixon) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mixon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.1274, Longitude: -90.5751 In this case, the coordinates for Mixon have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).